Thursday, February 10, 2011
Parallel Universe
I’ve been thinking a lot about David, and his refusal to lift his hand against the Lord’s anointed king, Saul. Was it fear of reprisal, passivity, or unbelief that God really meant for him to be king? If it were me, I would have tried to help God’s will come into being, especially when it appeared that circumstances delivered my enemy into my hand. But David was under orders from another Kingdom. He dared not take matters into his own hands, “but continued entrusting himself to him who judges justly”. I Peter 2:23. He was hearing Voices that gave him the secret to this kind of self-control. “For this is a gracious thing, when, mindful of God, one endures sorrows while suffering unjustly. For what credit is it if, when you sin and are beaten for it, you endure? But if when you do good and suffer for it you endure, this is a gracious thing in the sight of God.” I Peter 2:19-20 He endured and believed in the promises of God, believing that his job was to trust and honor God by respecting Saul. Our job is to trust and honor God by respecting the authorities he has placed in our lives, knowing that ” our Father who sees in secret will reward us.” Matt 6:4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment